The New Standard
Merchandising and Operations Internship
Zady is seeking an energetic and motivated fall merchandising and operations intern to join our team. This internship program provides hands on experience and aims to develop merchandise planning, community engagement and content management skills. Must have a passion for fashion and a demonstrated interest in fashion sustainability and ethical practices. Applicants must be recent graduates or be eligible to receive academic credit.
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must be able to troubleshoot and problem solve independently, think creatively and provide fresh ideas
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and bring positive energy to the team
- Currently a college student or recent graduate.
- Content management and organization
- Assist with buying, product planning and merchandising activities
- Ensure the timely and efficient fulfillment of orders
- Work with third party vendors to develop engaging brand stories and product descriptions
- Organize, maintain and manage inventory
- Assist in day-to-day operations in a fast-paced environment
Graphic Design Internship
Zady is seeking a Fall intern to directly assist our Design Director as we roll out the new season. The internship will involve hands-on experience in branding, UX, front-end web design, and print packaging.
- Junior or Senior in a BA or BFA program
- Strong typographic skills and interest
- Desire to explore and iterate on design and hierarchy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An interest in fashion and sustainability
- Confidence in using Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML, CSS, social media platforms
- Proficiency with video editing in Adobe Premier is a plus but not required.
- Please bring own laptop with CC installed.
- UX and front-end web design
- Image selection and organization
- Social media image making
- Packaging ideation, concepting, and costing (can teach)
- Email marketing design
- Some server organization
- Art direction for still-life product shoots
- Homepage banners and web ad design
- Light retouching
- Print and digital marketing materials
To apply, please email a cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Zady, a resumé, your available hours, and a link to a current portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Role: We are seeking a Production intern to join our small, tight-knit team and contribute his or her positive energy, fresh ideas, and organizational prowess to help move forward our mission. The internship offers the opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of the fashion supply chain and the environmental issues surrounding the fashion industry. He or she will report to and work closely with the Production Manager and other members of the team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is curious about sustainable fashion and wants to become an integral part of a start-up.
- Fashion design, Technical design, Production or textiles-related major (currently in school or recent grad).
- 2-3 days a week (preferred, but not necessary).
- Understanding of garment construction, textiles, and ideally, knitwear.
- Has an interest in start-ups and/or sustainable design.
- Knowledge of Google Drive/docs, Microsoft office, and Photoshop.
- Own a laptop.
- Fabric/yarn sourcing.
- Research potential partners/suppliers and innovations in textile industry.
- Communicate with mills and factories in midtown.
- Collaborate with the Production Manager to stay on track with production schedule and material delivery for Fall 2016.
- General organization and maintenance of swatch archive and documents.
Marketing and Community Engagement Intern
The Role: We are seeking a sharp and motivated marketing and community engagement intern to join our team and work closely with the director of community. The internship offers the opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a social enterprise, as well how to use influencer outreach, brand narrative, and events to grow the audience for a dynamic young fashion brand. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to become an integral part of a start-up that is pushing for reform in the fashion industry.
- Detail oriented and organized, with a working knowledge of Google Sheets.
- Strong communication skills with respect to both in-person meetings and e-mail correspondence.
- In-depth knowledge of and significant interest in fashion, beauty, digital media, and the digital influencer arena.
- Demonstrable social media content generation experience (whether in a personal or professional context).
- Ability to think outside of the box and present fresh ideas pertaining to community engagement strategies, while equally comfortable handling administrative tasks related to marketing.
- Interest in fashion/sustainability/e-commerce.
- Currently in school (can work with schools for credit).
- Flexibility, positivity and a sense of humor. We work hard and love what we are working for!
- Research and identify desirable influencer and media outlet partners, prepare strategies to connect with them to create brand awareness, and track any such efforts.
- Stay updated on digital and influencer marketing trends and PR strategy in fashion.
- Execute administrative tasks related to influencer gifting.
- Assist in all aspects of organizing branded events, from food and beverage logistics to guest lists.
- Help build our social media following by creating engaging and on-brand content for Instagram, staying on top of pertinent news articles for Twitter, etc.
© 2017 ZADY, INC. All rights reserved.